[Help-glpk] [Fwd: RES: script file foo.run]

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: RES: script file foo.run]
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 16:52:06 +0400

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Joao Flavio de Freitas Almeida <address@hidden>
To: 'address@hidden' <address@hidden>
Cc: 'address@hidden' <address@hidden>, 'João Flávio de Freitas
Almeida' <address@hidden>
Subject: RES: [Help-glpk] script file foo.run
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 08:55:02 -0300

Thanks Xypron for the quick answer!

The content of foo.run could have: (I send attached a file as an
example)

1.     All printf functions (separating it from the model file and
setting the extensions .txt, .xls …etc without need to set these
parameters on model file) as the example below:

From: (param Finance, symbolic, default " Finance.txt";)

To: ( >>Finance.txt) at the end of each printf line.

2.     All Glpk run parameters available on glpsol --help:

3.     And a functionality to solve different random problems setting
parameters for loopping commands (using param, let, reset and solve
commands) for robust or stochastic optimization besides the model and
data (glpsol -m mymodel.mod -d mydata.dat) calls.

As presented in the AMPL link:

http://www.ampl.com/FAQ/#HowdoIsolveaseriesofdifferentrandomproblemswithdatadrawnfromthesamedistribution

param nruns := 5;

        param optvalue {1..nruns};

       for {k in 1..nruns} {

           reset data avail;

           solve;

           let optvalue[k] := total_profit;

        }

        display (sum {k in 1..nruns} optvalue[k]) / nruns;

Best regards

João Flávio F. Almeida