Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Multi-period problem]

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Multi-period problem]
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 19:17:22 +0100

Hello Clara,

your problem contains integer variables.

glpkcc.cpp has these lines
        switch (method) {
        case 'I':
                errnum = glp_intopt( lp, &iParam );
                errnum += 200; //this is to avoid ambiguity in the return codes.
                break;

Hence, please, subtract 200 from the error code you receive.

Possible error codes for glp_intopt are listed in glpk-4.47/doc/glpk.pdf and
defined in glpk-4.47/src/glpk.h:

GLP_EBOUND
GLP_EROOT
GLP_ENOPFS = 0x0A no primal feasable solution -> 210
GLP_ENODFS = 0x0B no dual feasable solution   -> 211
GLP_EFAIL
GLP_EMIPGAP
GLP_ETMLIM
GLP_ESTOP

The numeric values might be different for other versions of GLPK then 4.47.

The source of GLPK is available at
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/glpk/glpk-4.47.tar.gz

Looking at your Matlab code I guess you would have an easier live writing your
problem in the GNU Math Programming Language and the standalone solver glpsol
included in the GLPK distribution.

Best regards

Xypron

-------- Original-Nachricht --------