Re: [Help-glpk] manipulating parameter indices

From: Kevin Hunter
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] manipulating parameter indices
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 15:16:59 -0400

At 3:12pm -0400 Fri, 29 Jun 2012, Kevin Hunter wrote:
Rather than create an explicit 3-dimensional set that I must
manually populate, only to turn around and manually specify the same
set for each index in the eff parameter indices, is it possible to
harvest the information contained in the parameter indices? I might
use this to automatically generate the set of valid indices over
which, say, the usable life of each process might be:

param  usable_life {(p,v) in valid_processes} default 30 :=
    coal_pp 2015   15
    coal_pp 2020   17   # GLPK would ostensibly provide an error
                        # message because the eff parameter does
                        # not have the <coal_pp, 2017> tuple in
                        # the (p,v) subset of it's indices.
;

Bah, that would be "does not have the <coal_pp, 2020> tuple in the (p,v) subset of its indices."

Kevin