Re: [Help-glpk] lpx_get_int_parm(lpx, LPX_K_ITCNT) replacement

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] lpx_get_int_parm(lpx, LPX_K_ITCNT) replacement
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 21:47:17 +0400

> I am the package maintainer for a handful of Fedora packages that use
> glpk.  We had version 4.48 in Fedora up through Fedora 19, but glpk
> was recently updated to glpk 4.52.1 for the upcoming Fedora 20
> release.  That is when I discovered that all of my glpk-using packages
> are still using the old lpx_* interfaces.  I ported all of them over
> to the glp_* interface, but two of them make this call:
>
> lpx_get_int_parm(lpx, LPX_K_ITCNT)
>
> which I do not see any replacement for in the new API.  Am I missing
> something?  If not, could you add a function, say glp_get_it_cnt(),
> that simply returns lp->it_cnt?

Unfortunately, glpk 4.52 doesn't have such routines, sorry. Two api
routines glp_get_it_cnt and glp_set_it_cnt will appear in a next version
of the package.

As a workaround you could use the following code:

#include <glpk.h>
typedef struct DMP DMP;
typedef struct GLPROW GLPROW;
typedef struct GLPCOL GLPCOL;
typedef struct AVL AVL;
typedef struct BFD BFD;
[copy here declaration of struct glp_prob from glpk/src/glpapi.h]
int glp_get_it_cnt(glp_prob *P) { return P->it_cnt; }

Hope this resolves the issue. Thanks.

Andrew Makhorin