Re: [Help-glpk] preset bounds for the mip solver

From: Heinrich Schuchardt
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] preset bounds for the mip solver
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 19:23:35 +0100

Hello Yingjie,

when doing minimization a lower bound could help to fathom some nodes in
the search tree. But typically the lower bound is approaching the
solution asymptotically so the bound would have to quite tight to have a
sizable effect. An upper bound probably will not reduce the solution time.

You also could supply a heuristic solution in the callback function to
set a lower bound.

You can add a row with the same coefficients as the objective function
and give it bounds with glp_set_row_bnds.

Maybe glp_set_row_bnds can simple be applied to the row with the
objective. I have not tried.

Best regards

Heinrich Schuchardt