Re: [Help-glpk] Fwd: Re: Infinite cycles

From: Mathieu Dutour
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Fwd: Re: Infinite cycles
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 05:24:47 +0000

Well the behavior i would like to have is the program running and givng
Result, OR failing to do so and reporting thar.
Infinite loop prevent script automation of the solver.

  Mathieu

On pon, 16. sij 2017. at 23:58, Andrew Makhorin <address@hidden> wrote:

> the interesting thing about Matheu's example is that the infeasability

> is constantly increasing over multiple orders of magnitude.

I'm unable to reproduce the effect. Glpsol with default options has no

problem on solving Mathieu's example. If --norelax option is specified,

the primal simplex falls into infinite loop, but this might be expected,

because Harris' ratio test (that is, --relax option used by default)

decreases the number of degenerate steps and thus prevents cycling in

many cases. If the primal simplex fails, I'd recommend using --dual and

--flip options.

Andrew Makhorin