Re: [Help-glpk] things I don't understand in src/env/time.c + bugs + sug

From: Chris Matrakidis
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] things I don't understand in src/env/time.c + bugs + suggested patch
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 21:16:50 +0200

Hi Andrew,

> Not sure, but gmtime_s looks like a MSVC function. Could you point me
> out where gmtime_s is standardized? Thanks.

gmtime_s is included in the (optional) annex K of C11. However, the
parameters are reversed compared to the MSVC version and the standard
one returns struct tm * while the MSVC one returns errno_t.

Moreover, some searching shows that gmtime_s is documented starting
with VS 2010 (and _gmtime_s in VS 2005 and VS 2008). However, since VS
2005 gmtime returns a different pointer per thread [1], so there is no
reason to use gmtime_s here - gmtime_s offers additional error
checking for null pointers, which is not an issue in this code.

Best Regards,

Chris Matrakidis

[1] https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0z9czt0w(v=vs.80).aspx