Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Hi. Can you tell me how to limit on variables GLPK

From: Heinrich Schuchardt
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Hi. Can you tell me how to limit on variables GLPK has?]
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 19:59:33 +0200

Hello Min-jun,

your mail had to be forwarded manually because you are not subscribed to
the GLPK help list, cf. https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-glpk

I am not sure whether I have correctly understood your questions. So
maybe the answers below are not what you were looking for. Don't
hesitate to ask again.

The number of constraints and variables is limited by memory and by
INT_MAX (2 ^ 31 - 1).

Well conditioned LP problems with a few hundred thousand rows and
variables may be solvable. Badly conditioned LP problems with less then
10000 variables may fail to be solved.

MIP problems with less then 100 binary variables may not solve in
reasonable time. Some other MIPs with several 1000 binaries have been
solved successfully with GLPK.

A Java binding is available at http://glpk-java.sourceforge.net/
If you are using Windows you could download the GLPK for Windows code
from https://sourceforge.net/projects/winglpk/
It comprises GLPK for Java.

There is also a WikiBook available at
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK