Re: Gnatsweb 2.8.0

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: Gnatsweb 2.8.0
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 10:39:32 +0200

At 09:29 10.05.2001 +0100, Graham Lillico wrote:
Hi,

I am currently running on FreeBSD-4.3-20010429-STABLE and trying to install gnatsweb 2.8.0 but I have hit a problem, it seems that gnatsweb requires CGI version 2.56 or greater and I only have 2.46 installed, I think (but could quite easily be wrong) that gnatsweb gets its version from CGI.pm but the newer version does not use CGI.pm as far as I can tell.

My question is how do I upgrade my version of CGI? I have tried compiling p5-CGI-2.76 from the ports collection but this doesn't seems to have changed anything.

Is this a bug?  If so let me know and I will raise a PR about it.

If you have the CPAN perl module installed, do the following:
perl -MCPAN -e 'install CGI'

If you don't have the CPAN module installed, get CGI.pm manually from http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/L/LD/LDS/CGI.pm-2.753.tar.gz

Then unpack and follow the instructions in the Readme file.

This is of course all assuming you have the permissions to install things on your machine.

Hope this helps,

Yngve Svendsen
IS Engineer
Clustra AS, Trondheim, Norway