gnatsd output question

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: gnatsd output question
Date: 10 Aug 2001 19:45:16 +0200

I'm not familiar with Internet protocols, so I need an advice on a
certain gnatsd output.

When a new problem is submitted via gnatsd, its output looks like this:

  subm
  211 Ok.
  <the report text>
  .
  210 GNATS database is now locked.
  210 PR added.
  210 GNATS database is now unlocked.

or, in the case of failure, like this:

  subm
  211 Ok.
  .
  210 GNATS database is now locked.
  402 Failure reading header
  210 GNATS database is now unlocked.

As you can see above, after submitting the report text gnatsd outputs
*three* status report lines as single messages, the overall result
message is wrapped by the locking status messages.  Is this behavior
and/or format right?  If not, how should the output look?

Thanks for any advice.

Milan Zamazal

--
And why?