Re: Configuring gnats

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Re: Configuring gnats
Date: 03 Mar 2002 11:12:32 +0100

    BBW> I'm attempting to install gnats 3.113 on a system running
    BBW> Debian Linux. I've tried to follow the installation guide but
    BBW> seem to be having some problems. In addition I installed
    BBW> gnats2w to have web access to gnats.

    BBW> When I access the /cgi-bin/gnats2w/index.cgi I get the Bug
    BBW> Tracking System page but when I attempt to access one of links
    BBW> nothing happens. I do get a message at the bottom of my
    BBW> netscape page saying "Connect: Contacting host: localhost...".
    BBW> Eventually I get a "Not Found" page saying the requested URL
    BBW> /cgi-bin/gnats2w/submit.cgi was not found on the server.

    BBW> I'm getting the feeling that my gnatsd daemon is not running.

gnats2w doesn't use gnatsd, so this is not the problem.  More likely, it
could be something with your Web server configuration or net filtering.
Look at your Web server error log.

BTW, I'd suggest you to try out gnats-3.999 from Debian testing,
together with Gnatsweb (please note Gnatsweb *does* use gnatsd).  Both
GNATS 3.113 and gnats2w are no longer maintained now.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
Omigod, it's a flame war about a flame war.  You know, a meta-flame war!
                                                 Kenny Tilton in comp.lang.lisp