Re: 4.0 beta - question on parsing of subject line in PR header

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Re: 4.0 beta - question on parsing of subject line in PR header
Date: 15 May 2002 11:51:46 +0200

    MH> After understanding this a little more, we determined that there
    MH> was definitely a bug here. The regular expression used is
    MH> incorrect ...for one, it requires a '\<' as the start of the
    MH> subject line in order to match. It is also missing an escape
    MH> character before the '|' and is incorrectly anchored to the
    MH> beginning of the subject line.

    MH> I have attached a patch.

Thank you, Mel, for the patch.  Before I apply it, I'd like to clarify
one little thing: Do you know why `\\<' didn't work?  It should mean
"beginning of a word", should it be notated in a different way (other
than the one you've used)?

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
The world is not something you can wrap your head around without needing years
of experience.                              -- Kent M. Pitman in comp.lang.lisp