Re: solaris "nawk" fixes edit-pr awk: syntax error

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Re: solaris "nawk" fixes edit-pr awk: syntax error
Date: 20 May 2002 10:58:03 +0200

>>>>> "dm" == doug mildram <address@hidden> writes:

    dm> MINOR suggestion: no harm in littering /tmp with epNNNN files.
    dm>      around line 120 in edit-pr I'm changing
    dm> #trap 'rm -f $new $new.old $change_msg $fixfil ; exit 0' 0
    dm>                                     changing to
    dm> trap 'rm -f       $new.old $change_msg $fixfil ; exit 0' 0

Thanks for the suggestion.  It's a good idea, but I removed $new only
from the second trap (error signals).

Frankly, I don't know what `trap ... 0' is (no /bin/sh manual here
around).  If any /bin/sh guru knows, please enlighten me.

    dm> MAJOR FIX: for solaris  diff-prs   ....change awk to nawk.

Well, there sometimes occur Solaris compatibility bugs.  They are
usually unpleasant bugs, since they occur only on certain Solaris
versions.  I am sorry, but I rather spend my spare time fixing bugs
present on free systems (such as GNU/Linux, GNU/HURD or free versions of
BSD), I hope you understand it.  If someone submits reasonable
compatibility patches, I'll incorporate it, of course.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
If we are going to start removing packages because of the quality of the
software, wonderful.  I move to remove all traces of the travesty of editors,