Re: Gnatsweb not finding gnatsd.access??

From: Hans-Albert Schneider
Subject: Re: Gnatsweb not finding gnatsd.access??
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:59:59 +0200

address@hidden wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>   I'm running gnats 4 & gnatsweb 4. Everything appears to be working fine with
> the exception of security. My entries in gnatsd.host_access are definitely
> being picked up. My entries in gnatsd.access seem to be ignored, however.

Have you recently fetched the sources from CVS and compiled them?
There has been a discussion of whether gnatsd.access should be
renamed to gnatsd.user_access, and the renaming has been done
in the CVS sources (the 3.999.1 tarball is older than this).

If it came with Debian 3.0, I am not sure what exactly they
packed with their system.

Anyway, to be sure, you can run

        strings /where/ever/gnatsd | grep access

and see whether it lists gnatsd.access or gnatsd.user_access.

Hans-Albert

--
Hans-Albert Schneider           <address@hidden>
Infineon Technologies AG        phone:  (+49) 89 234 45445