Re: help on installing gnats

From: Wayne Dernoncourt
Subject: Re: help on installing gnats
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 17:44:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Dirk Schenkewitz wrote:

> > The tkgnats.config file is going to take some head
> > scratching to get through though.

> The only 'new' TkGnats-Version I know of is the one coming with
> Gnats-3.999.1. And this one seems to be out-of-date. (I'd say,
> better don't use it unless you know what you are doing or you
> don't use any of the "advanced" features of Gnats4 (in which
> case you could also use Gnats-1.113 or so without
> difficulties).)

I can get around in Tcl, sort of, if stumbling around is
getting around<g>.  I'm trying to use something that is:
 - free/cheap
 - easy to use (pretty, people seem to prefer pretty
   interfaces over non-pretty interfaces)
 - works without us having to write it

A colleague and I were talking about the choices and he
asked why we didn't develop something like this in Access.
I pointed out that means we would have to write it,
maintain it, etc.  People have already crossed that bridge
and built a really nice one, lets use that one instead.

I don't what features Gnats 1.113 has, I wonder how 3.999 or
4.0 is.

Take care      |   This clown speaks for himself, his job doesn't
Wayne D.       |   pay for this, etc. (directly anyway)