Problem in setting up multiple databases

From: Sudha Mudhavalapu
Subject: Problem in setting up multiple databases
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 17:47:51 +0530

        I have gnats3.113.1 and gnatsweb2.9.3 setup on a Linux
machine.This works perfectly well for the database that is already
present.Now I want to sent up one more database on the same machine.I am
facing some problems in that.I use gnatsweb to manage gnats.When I
CREATE a PR I get a page throwing up saying that a mail will be sent
etc...When I say QUERY I get no PRs don't know what is the problem.
Mentioned below are the steps that I followed in setting up the new
database.

Created the base directory for the new database, say
`/usr/local/gnats/db2'

Copied all files from `gnats-db/gnats-adm' to
`/usr/local/gnats/db2/gnats-adm', and edited them to reflect the needs
of your new database.

Edited the categories file accordingly(pending is present in that file)

Ram `mkcat --directory=/usr/local/gnats/db2' to create the directories
for the categories. Removed the files `current' and `index', that exist.

Now add a line for the new database to `gnats-db.conf', like this:
/usr/local/gnats/db2:XXX

Created a file called .mycron in the home directory of the user gnats
which contains the line:

0,10,20,30,40,50 * * * * exec-prefix/libexec/gnats/queue-pr --run Then
ran
crontab .mycron

Added the following to /etc/aliases
db2:  "|/usr/local/lib/gnats/queue-pr -d /usr/local/gnats/db2 -q"
db2: "|/usr/local/lib/gnats/mail-query -d /usr/local/gnats/db2"

Modified /etc/gnats-db.conf also added the new database to it Your help
in this regard will be very useful to me.Kindly write back to me.

Thanks and Regards,
Sudha.