Re: Trying to run gnatsweb

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: Trying to run gnatsweb
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 21:29:13 +0200

Paul Richardson wrote:
Hi all, I have installed gnats version 4.0 and am now in the process of trying to run/debug gnatsweb. When I try and run the “test” script I get the error “Gnatsweb unable to connect to the GNATS server”, debugging this problem I notice that the “test” script fails when it calls the subroutine init_fieldinfo. This subroutine is actually implemented in the file gnatsweb.pl. Specfically there is a a subroutine call “ client_cmd(“list InitialRequiredFields”) which fails. I actually tried this list command myself by telnet’ing into the gnats server and trying the command by hand, upon doing so I get the response “416 No such list as InitialRequiredFields”

Is it safe to try and remove this particular call to client_cmd from the test to get a positive result,

Paul,

I am unable to reproduce this. Are you running the final version of GNATS 4.0? The InitialRequiredFields functionality was implemented rather late in 4.0 development, either right before beta 2 or right after it. You need to check that your gnatsd comes from the final version of 4.0.

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer