Re: Guest view priviledges?

From: Mark D. Baushke
Subject: Re: Guest view priviledges?
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 09:26:38 -0700

Frank Cohen <address@hidden> writes:

> I've posted this twice before with no answer. Would someone please
> respond. Is there a way to enable Gnatsweb to let guest (ie - users
> that have no signed-on) to view a bug db? If so, how?

First, you need to deal with your website authentication (or not) to
allow a guest account.

Second, you need to provide a gnatsd.access file with a guest account
with some known password (empty passwords should also be possible) that
is given view privilege.

An entry like this:

guest:$0$guest:view:default

in your gnatsd.user_access file should mean that a loging with userid
'guest' and password 'guest' should get the view access you want. Be
aware that you would want to place this near the top of the file before
any wild-card login entries.

For more information, you may wish to look at google with
a search string like

  view guest gnats site:mail.gnu.org

There have been various threads and bug reports over the last few years
on this topic.

        Good luck,
        -- Mark