Re: Integration with Biztalk 2004

From: Mark D. Baushke
Subject: Re: Integration with Biztalk 2004
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 01:18:16 -0700

Ali <address@hidden> writes:

> Can GNATS be integrated with Microsoft Biztalk 2004?

Is Biztalk 2004 already available? I admit do not follow Microsoft
products...

You ask "Can gnats be integrated...?" I would say it is possible.. It
will largely depend on how many resources you are willing to throw at
the problem.

The GNATS sources are all freely available (under GPL) and you
should be able to hack any support you want into those sources
given enough time and expertise.

Note: I suggest you avoid using any "BizTalk Server Toolkit" in your
implementation. Otherwise, you may find that you will not be able to
make your source available to others due to the bind that multiple
non-harmonious software licenses (GPL vs .NET) might impose.

Warning: I am not a lawyer, but I suspect you will find it very hard to
get GPL source into .NET and also find it almost impossible to get
anything in .NET released as GPL source.

You might be better advised to adapt the gnatsweb service to integrate
with tye BizTalk Adapter for Web Services...

> Are there Biztalk adapters available?

I doubt it, but you could always check the microsoft.com/biztalk/ site.

> Or can GNATS be exposed as a Web Service??

Yes, there is a gnatsweb project. See

  http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gnatsweb

In my opinion, gnatsweb works well. Your mileage may vary... :-)

        Good luck,
        -- Mark