Gnats on localhost

From: Aidan Delaney
Subject: Gnats on localhost
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:37:14 +0000

Hey,
I'm trying to set gnats up on my localhost as a system for one user (I like to track my own bugs). However I don't want to set up a mail server. From the documentation I think the tools send-pr etc... will communicate directly with gnatsd, alliveating my need for a mail server. However, I am unable to get this working. Here is my error

address@hidden ~ $ sudo /usr/local/libexec/gnats/gnatsd -d tpa
422 GNATS initialization of database failed: You are not permitted to access database tpa.

(I have no database default)

Could someone please confirm for me that I can run Gnats without a mailserver and possibly give me some insight into my problem. Please reply off list as I am not subscribed.

--
Thank you,
Aidan Delaney.