Re: problem adding categories

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: problem adding categories
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 09:39:41 -0500

> The problem is this, when logging in as 'responsible-user' to the
> gnatsweb site, the category is not visible/available to select from
> drop down.

GNATS and Gnatsweb are immediately responsive to changes made in the
database configuration.  I suspect that it may be a file caching
problem by your web browser.  I'm not certain what Stuart was talking
about with a PHP wrapper around the perl-based application.  It seems
like a convoluted path, and one I'm not familiar with.  To rule out
GNATS server problems, trying using query-pr from the shell to ask
about categories or a raw telnet session.

Note that you should not have to restart the apache session for
database configuration changes to be made immediately available on
gnatsweb.  I simply refresh the screen in my web browser to reload the
drop-down selection options.

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/