Commits to 3 branches

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Commits to 3 branches
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 22:53:09 -0500

I've committed the patch from PR#495 that adds unsetenv() to misc.c to
three branches of the gnats CVS: gnats-4_0-patches, gnats-4_1-branch,
and HEAD.  Also committed was a simple edit of gnats/Makefile.in to
remove the chown steps that set the setuid bit on certain files.  I
did not find reason to alter the GNATS documentation, since it is
already suggested that GNATS is installed with a dedicated,
unprivileged user.

I've tagged these commits in the 4.0 and 4.1 branches as
gnats-4_1_1-rc1 and gnats-4_0_2-rc1.

I'm working on writing a wrapper for the open() and fopen() system
calls that should avoid some race conditions.  These should probably
be included in the next releases for 4.1 and 4.0, but I need to test
them out, first.

It would be interesting to find out how many people are still using
the 4.0 branch of GNATS as opposed to the 4.1 branch.  Should we
continue to support 4.0 for security and build fixes?

In any case, I hope to roll out a couple tarballs early next week.

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/