text file attachments in gnatsweb corrupted on Windows

From: Jo A Wahle
Subject: text file attachments in gnatsweb corrupted on Windows
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 10:09:10 -0500

In gnatsweb, when a user attaches a .txt file from a Windows machine, it gets converted automatically to UNIX line-endings when it is saved in the PR. When a user downloads the file (still on Windows), it's not getting converted back. I tried to change download_attachments to do:

[...]
  print_header(-type => $ctype,
[...]

where $ctype is what I extracted from $$hash_ref{'Content-Type'}, but it still isn't converting the line-endings. (I even tried setting $ctype directly to 'text/plain' in case I had incorrectly parsed $$hash_ref{'Content-Type'} but I got the same result.) It doesn't matter which browser I use. I tried changing it to 'text/html' and it automatically tried to open the file in a browser instead of in Notepad, so it is picking up on that header.

Has anyone else encountered this? I don't know a lot about the http headers or how & when it's converting the line-endings, but I can't see that the gnatsweb.pl code is doing the line-ending conversion, so it must have something to do with the http code, right?

--
Jo Wahle, Software Engineer, Engineering Support, SAIC
(Science Applications International Corporation – www.saic.com)