[Help-gnu-emacs] Re: Printing fontified buffer

From: Charles Sebold
Subject: [Help-gnu-emacs] Re: Printing fontified buffer
Date: 20 Sep 2000 07:03:23 -0500

>>>>> "Boojum" == Boojum  <boojum@use.reply-to.address.invalid> writes:

 Boojum> I want to print a fontified buffer to my black and white
 Boojum> printer.  The gray scale used for colors by ps-print come out
 Boojum> unreadable.  Therefore, I use ps-extend-face to make some faces
 Boojum> print as bold, others as italic, others as underlined, etc.  I
 Boojum> must be missing something obvious, but how do I specify that a
 Boojum> face print as normal black on white, without emphasis or
 Boojum> embellishment?

 Boojum> ps-extend-face requires that I specify both a color and an
 Boojum> extension, but "normal" is not a valid extension.  If I don't
 Boojum> use ps-extend-face on a face, it defaults to the unreadable
 Boojum> gray scale for the color used by font lock mode.  I can change
 Boojum> the color that font lock mode uses to something that prints
 Boojum> clearer, but I'd prefer to stick with the default color scheme
 Boojum> if possible.

 Boojum> I am using GNU Emacs 20.5.1 on Linux.

,----[ output of M-x apropos-variable ps-print-color-p RET
| ps-print-color-p's value is
| nil
|
| Documentation:
| *Non-nil means print the buffer's text in color.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| Defined in `ps-print'.
`----

Does this help?  It might be a start, in addition to font-lock changes;
it worked well enough for me.
--
Charles Sebold
--

1.  When you call us to have your computer moved, be sure to leave it
    buried under half a ton of postcards, baby pictures, stuffed