Re: querry

From: Charles Sebold
Subject: Re: querry
Date: 14 Nov 2000 06:11:36 -0600

On 1 Kislev 3761, shikhar kumar wrote:

> i have emacs editor on my red hat linux OS.
> i use it for writing C programs but it doesn't highlight
>   keywords and commands.
> please tell me how to do it.

Put (global-font-lock-mode 1) in your .emacs for syntax coloring
(assuming you're using X11; emacs 20 and earlier do not do any coloring
on the console or in an xterm, you'll have to wait for v21 or switch to
XEmacs for that).
Charles Sebold
Random Answer to an Emacs Very Frequently Asked Question:
 The difference between GNU Emacs and XEmacs is not X11 compatibility.
16th of Heshvan, 5761
While your friend holds you affectionately by both your hands you are
safe, for you can watch both of his.