help setting vm frame size(s).

From: Brenda J. Butler
Subject: help setting vm frame size(s).
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 20:26:54 -0500

I have a really big emacs frame, and when I start vm the
new frame comes up the same size (basically double width,
ie, about 80 x 2 columns).  I'd like vm to come up in a single
width (ie, about 80 columns).

I see that you can do this for various kinds of vm frames,
such as the default frame, composition frames, etc.
However I tried the following but the composition frames
came up double width.

Here is my .vm file:  help?

My .vm file (yes this is the whole thing):
(setq vm-mail-check-interval 60)
(setq vm-reply-subject-prefix "Re: ")
(setq vm-send-using-mime t)
(setq mail-signature t)
(setq mail-signature-file "~/.signature")
;(setq mail-default-headers nil)

(setq mail-default-reply-to "brenda_butler@mitel.com")
(setq user-mail-address "Brenda Butler <brenda_butler@mitel.com>")
(setq mail-archive-file-name (expand-file-name "~/Mail/Sent"))

(setq vm-frame-parameter-alist
        '(composition (
                (width . 90)
                (height . 70))))   ;  This doesn't work :-(

(bbdb-insinuate-vm)

Previously, vm-frame-parameter-alist was nil.

TIA

--
bjb@achilles.net
I am the "ILOVEGNU" signature virus. Just copy me to your signature.