Fonts in Emacs-21.1

From: Kalyan Mukherjea
Subject: Fonts in Emacs-21.1
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 12:06:08 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

I am having some trouble selecting a suitably large and
legible (i have severe visual disabilities) font for the
default face.

        When I use Xemacs (sorry I like both kinds of
music!) I use New Century Schoolbook 18 pt which is very
satisfactory.
When I set this as the default font via Customize which has
been instructed to write a separate custom-file ~/Emacs.el
problems occur. My .emacs starts by defining custom-file as
above and then does (load-file ~/Emacs.el)
I get an extremely complicated error message:
key-binding depth exceeds.....
and the rest of my init file isn't read. What is the
problem. Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

One more question:
The toolbar (very nice!) is white and dazzles my
cataract-inflicted eyes. Can I change it to Gray 30 or
something like that and how?

TIA.

Kalyan