syntax highlighting in dired

From: Tom Wurgler
Subject: syntax highlighting in dired
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 10:58:22 -0400 (EDT)

In emacs 20-, I used to be able to control syntax highlighting, such as
which color to use for subdirs, which color to use for symbolic links etc.

Now in eacs 21.2, I want to modify the colors.  I currently have
`global-font-lock-mode' set, so I get the default colors.  The only place I can
find reference to the colors is in dired.el itself, but this would require
changing the colors of the faces, would change all mode syntax highlighting.

Is there a convenient way to change just the dired colors?

Thanks
Tom

Tom Wurgler                             The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
Principal Engineer                      Tire-Vehicle Engineering Technology
Phone:         330-796-1656             Technical Center D/460G
Fax:           330-796-3292             P.O.Box 3531
internet mail: twurgler@goodyear.com    Akron, Ohio 44309-3531