RE: printing format (more specific!)

From: ha nguyen
Subject: RE: printing format (more specific!)
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 22:46:54 +0000

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. After a test, here are some points which are not very satisfying:

I wrote a 100-caracter line, font size 12.
If I print with print-buffer,the outputs are:
- the first line consists the 1st to the 78th caracters, the 79th and 80th caracters disappear (which is in principal replaced by OD for "Return" and OA for "line feed"). The 81th caracters and the rest are on the 2nd line.
- black and white printing

If I print with Postscript print-buffer, the outputs are:
- from the 1st to the 97th caracters are on the first line and the remaining is on the 2nd line. - the font size is bigger than that produced with buffer printing (the font size is not changed).
- colour printing
- header: a frame on the top of the page indicating the filename, number of pages printed and the path of the file printed. This occupies the space page, which is sometimes undesirable.
- the pagination is nicer.

While doing this test, I did not change the configuration of the printer. It is set to colour printing.

What I would like to do is:
- to be able to choose the printing options: either black and white or colour, with header or no hearder - true font size as that viewed on the screen. (In my example, the font size with buffer printing is bigger than that viewed on the screen).

Is it possible to make these options possible?

Could you help me set the parameters?

Thank you very much for your information sharing.

Ha