Details

From: Williams Duru
Subject: Details
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 01:33:01

Dr. William Duru
Director of Procurement,
Nigerian Telecommunication Plc.

Dear Sir,

SUBJECT: PROJECT ASSISTANCE.

I am the director of procurement, Nigeria
telecommunication Plc (Nitel) and a close associate of
the immediate past Director of Finance.

We are presently in apposition to transfer the sum of
Six Million; Three Hundred thousand United States
Dollars only ($6.3m), acquired from deliberately
over-invoiced contracts involving the Nigerian
telecommunication Plc (Nitel) into a private oversea
account.

The funds need to be transferred out of my
corporations account due to the present privatization
exercise going on, which will make transfers
impossible after the NITEL has been fully acquired in
the on going national Privatization excursive.

I have made proper arrangement/documentation to
transfer the above-mentioned funds that is retained in
a coded account of NITEL in my country’s apex bank. We
are soliciting that you help us to receive the fund in
trust. We cannot complete this transaction smoothly
without the participation of a foreign partner who
would provide an account where the funds could be
lodged. Since the source of the funds is related with
foreign contracts and payments, the funds must be
remitted to a foreign account.

The remittance of the funds requires little
documentation that would be completed as soon as you
provide us with a secured bank account where you may
wish to receive the money. Since it may difficult for
you to divulge such private information, it may help
if you can leave a phone number or email me for
further advice.

There is no risk involved on your part in this
transaction since the former director and I have
perfected all modalities to have a smooth transaction,
What we require from you by Email are viz:

{i} Acceptance letter of this offer

{ii} Your name/company name and confidential telephone
and fax numbers

{iii} Convincing Honesty, Trustworthiness and
Willingness to abide by the requirements of this
proposal paramount of which is Confidentiality.

We have agreed that you will retain 20% of the entire
US$6,300,000.00 for your effort in this transaction,
70% for us partners here in Nigeria and the remaining
10% will be used for refunds of incidental cost in the
course of this transfer.

Please reply urgently by e-mail as we expect that the
transaction will not take more than ten working days.

Best regard

Dr. Williams Duru
Director of procurement
NITEL