Re: picture mode

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: picture mode
Date: 25 Jun 2002 11:39:51 +0900

Deepak Dinesh <sigserv@yahoo.com> writes:
> What is the easiest way to draw a rectangle in picture mode?  The
> command C-c C-r will draw a rectangle between mark and point, but I
> can't mark on an empty line.

I always use `artist-mode' to draw in emacs.

Then you can select `Drawing > Rectangle' from the mouse-2 menu to
select rectangle mode, and drag out a rectangle with the mouse ...
or if you want to use the keyboard, use `C-c C-a r' to select rectangle
mode, and then use RET to start a rectangle, C-b/C-f/C-p/C-n to drag
it, and then RET again to finish.

It's really quite spiffy...

[but that said, the picture-mode behavior you're complaining about
sounds like a bug, so I've CC'd this to bug-gnu-emacs]

-miles
--
I have seen the enemy, and he is us.  -- Pogo