Re: Editing email replies

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Editing email replies
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 18:21:31 +0200

Peter Davis <pd@world.std.com> writes:

> Actually, I just tried this with a certain well-known commercial
> e-mail package whose name starts with "E".  What I got was a single
> multipart/alternative section, containing a text/plain and a
> text/html.  However, the reply line I inserted had been inserted into
> both parts!  That seems even more complicated.

Wild guess: the E package threw away the text/plain alternative and
let you edit text/html.  For sending, it took the text/html stuff
that you edited and sent a text/plain alternative of it.

You might wish to test it by replying to a message which has aaaaa in
the text/plain and bbbb in the text/html alternative :-)

kai