Re: Line Copy to Another Buffer

From: kgold
Subject: Re: Line Copy to Another Buffer
Date: 11 Sep 2002 21:08:27 GMT

I use keyboard macros for this type of thing, since no elisp
programming knowledge is needed.  I have call-last-kbd-macro
on F2 since I use it so much.

For example, if the two buffers are in the frame, the keyboard macro
might be:

beginning-of-line
set-mark-command
end-of-line
copy-region-as-kill
other-window
yank
other-window

If you use it often, you can name and save the macro.

Ken Goldman   kgold@watson.ibm.com   914-784-7646