Re: Need help with show-paren-mode

From: Klaus Berndl
Subject: Re: Need help with show-paren-mode
Date: 17 Sep 2002 13:13:10 +0200

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Jay Bingham wrote:

>  I use mic-paren (http://user.it.uu.se/~mic/emacs.shtml) for parenthesis
>  matching. I just did a very simple test with 21 levels of nesting it
>  appears to work correctly. That is what I would recommend.

I would recommend this package too (i'm the maintainer :-) but i would also
recommend to use the latest version and also to use the only actual
download-site which is http://www.emacswiki.org/elisp/. The ELL
(http://www.anc.ed.ac.uk/~stephen/emacs/ell.html) has also a valid link to
this site.

http://user.it.uu.se/~mic/emacs.shtml does not longer contain actual versions
of mic-paren.el. The version 3.2 contained on that website is very old!
Current version is 3.7!

Ciao,
Klaus