Re: Adding to ps-print-hook problems

From: Klaus Berndl
Subject: Re: Adding to ps-print-hook problems
Date: 17 Sep 2002 13:33:23 +0200

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Jeff Rancier wrote:

>  Hi all.  I wanted to create a simple function to prompt me for the n-up
>  number of pages to print when I run the function,
>  ps-print-buffer-with-faces.  Here's what I came up with:
>
>  (defun jbr-ps-print-n-up-hook (number-of-pages)
>    (interactive "nN-up number of pages: ")
>    (setq ps-n-up-printing number-of-pages))

I would strongly recommend the package printing.el from the author of ps-print
which offers you a great interface (keyboard and mouse!) for all the ps-print
stuff and much more.  IMHO the combination of printing.el and ps-print.el
really rocks.  And IMHO i do not understand why printing.el is not in the
distribution of Emacs 21.X?!

Get it from http://www.cpqd.com.br/~vinicius/emacs/.

This package offer you a function pr-ps-fast-fire which does pretty what you
want!

If you have problems with configuring printing.el i can send you my
configuration...

Ciao,
Klaus

--