Re: sending mail

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: sending mail
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:19:26 +0200

Raimund.Kohl@freenet.de writes:

> I try using emacs as MUA. Reading mail with RMAIL is no problem. Neither
> seems sending to be a problem. If I've sent a message I can see it with
> mailq. But after having connected with the ISP the mails don't get
> delivered. If I use the command sendmail -q the composed mails disappear
> from the mailq but neither are they now delivered nor do they bounce back.
> The just disappear. Is that an emacs problem? I am using emacs 21.1.1. on
> SuSE 8.0 with postfix. Mailing with pine's just fine.

My guess is that the envelope from or envelope recipient are wrong.
You could look in the sendmail queue to compare the values for a
message from pine and a message from RMAIL.

(For each message, sendmail has a df file and a qf file, I believe,
and one of them contains the message body and the other contains the
metadata, including sender and recipient info.  The latter is in the
R lines, but I forgot about the former.)

kai