Re: MULE shows gibberish; now what?

From: Peter J. Acklam
Subject: Re: MULE shows gibberish; now what?
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 09:27:46 GMT

address@hidden (Kai Großjohann) wrote:

> What is the value of the variable coding-category-list?  Is
> coding-category-utf-8 mentioned in that list?  Maybe it helps to
> add this near the beginning of the list?

Actually, coding-category-utf-8 is the last element in the list,
but placing it first, or even letting coding-category-utf-8 be the
only element in coding-category-list doesn't help.  The buffer
still ends up as "Unibyte no-conversion buffer".

Placing "-*- coding: iso-8859-1; -*-" at the top of the file does
the trick, but I'd prefer it to happen automatically.

No electrons used in the production of this message were harmed or
mistreated in any manner.