Re: How to make reverse video the default behavior under Windows

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: How to make reverse video the default behavior under Windows
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 08:27:45 +0200

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002 16:00:33 -0400, Ben Key <BenK@FreedomScientific.com> wrote:

> I cannot figure out how to make Emacs go into reverse-video mode by default.

You can always manually set the foreground color to white (or light grey)
and the background to black in the registry.

In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Gnu\Emacs I have values:

Emacs.Background = "black"
Emacs.Foreground = "light grey"

and, to be on the safe side, in my .emacs I add the following entries:

(background-color . "black")
(foreground-color . "light grey")
(background-mode  . dark)

to `default-frame-alist' and `initial-frame-alist'.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u