Defining custom colors

From: Michael Hudson
Subject: Defining custom colors
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:02:37 GMT

I've just built emacs from CVS with Carbon support for MacOS X.

Nice!

Now I want to get the colors /just right/.

Specifically, I want to set the background to a color that's not in
the output of list-colors-display.

How can I do this?  I used to use X resources, but obviously that's
not going to work under Aqua.  I thought I used to know how this was
done, but I've forgotten and google isn't helping me.

Any help appreciated!

Cheers,
M.

--
  I don't have any special knowledge of all this. In fact, I made all
  the above up, in the hope that it corresponds to reality.