Re: capturing commands

From: Artist
Subject: Re: capturing commands
Date: 17 Oct 2002 20:29:08 -0700

Michael Slass <miknrene@drizzle.com> wrote in message
news:<m3it01on17.fsf@localhost.localdomain>...
>file.

(> If you want to save the names of all your commands to a file, try
> adding this to your .emacs
>
> (defvar emacs-command-log
>         (find-file "~/my-emacs-commands"))
>
> (defun log-last-command ()
>   (save-excursion
>     (let ((com (prin1-to-string last-command))
>           (deactivate-mark nil))
>       (set-buffer emacs-command-log)
>       (goto-char (point-max))
>       (insert "\n" com))))
>
> (add-hook 'post-command-hook 'log-last-command)

  This works and really good for simple things
  Now only if we can build automagic menu out of this stuff, for the
mostly access commands ( except self-insert-command and few others for
which I would define) and select directly from there, that would be
nice.

Thanks,
Artist