Re: getting the menus to pop down

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: getting the menus to pop down
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 21:05:09 +0000

mAineAc <robhall@midmaine.com> wrote on Fri, 15 Nov 2002 21:29:28 -0500:
> where can i get a comprehensive list of key combinations online for emacs?

That I couldn't tell you, but they are listed within Emacs itself, of course.
Do
C-h i      (to get info) followed by
m Emacs    (to get the Emacs menu), then
move the cursor to the line "* Key Index" (about L27) and hit CR.

> I can not find anywhere information on the key combinations to use the
> dropdown menus when you are in the command line. Everything I can find is if
> you are in x and you click on them. I don't have x available and would like
> to use the dropdown windows until I can get used to the key combinations.

In the above Key Index menu, search for "menu".  Amongst the key
sequences this will find is M-` "Menu Bar".

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)
Email: aacm@muuc.dee; to decode, wherever there is a repeated letter