Re: Possible emacs bug.

From: Edric M Ellis
Subject: Re: Possible emacs bug.
Date: 20 Nov 2002 13:22:09 +0000

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, charlieb@zoom.co.uk wrote:
> I have discovered a "feature" but I strongly suspect I am not the
> first. Using emacs 21.2.1 on win32 and the version with debian woody
> in lisp-mode the lisp-eval-defun (M-C-x) does not eval the defun if
> the indenetation is incorrect. [...]

This seems to be because of the way ``beginning-of-defun'' works. It's
looking for a "(" at the start of a line. If you want to force it to
look for "(defun" at the beginning of a line, you could do this:

(setq beginning-of-defun-function (lambda nil
                                    (re-search-backward "^(defun")))

Cheers,

Edric.

--
Edric M Ellis
The MathWorks, Ltd., Matrix House, Cowley Park, Cambridge CB4 0HH, UK