Re: How to protect a buffer from being deleted by accident?

From: Jesper Harder
Subject: Re: How to protect a buffer from being deleted by accident?
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 16:22:58 +0100

Adalbert Perbandt <adalbert.perbandt@infineon.com> writes:

> Now I'd like to provide a simple mechanism which disallows for
> deletion of this buffer. I think, it would not be too complex to
> implement this but I don't know any simple method to get it
> done. Maybe there is a posibility to mark a specific buffer as
> "undeletable" or so.

There is 'protbuf.el'
<ftp://ftp.splode.com/pub/users/friedman/emacs-lisp/protbuf.el>

;;; Commentary:

;; This package allows you to make it harder to kill buffers accidentally,
;; e.g. by being too trigger happy selecting items in the buffer menu.
;; protect-process-buffer-from-kill-mode is perhaps the more useful of the
;; two, making it harder to accidentally kill shell buffers without
;; terminating the process in them first.