Re: Software/HD ecology

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Software/HD ecology
Date: 21 Dec 2002 17:22:30 +0100

"Alfred M. Szmidt" <ams@kemisten.nu> writes:

>    You're preaching to the choir on this list.
>
> If I was "preaching" to the "choir" then I wouldn't have needed to
> state this fact.

You didn't need to, particularly not in as asinine a manner.  What
makes you think you are responsible for lecturing the rest of this
list about GNU?  Where does your need to play stupid in order to drive
home a point of pedantry arise?  If you suffer from attacks of such
compulsive behavior more often, perhaps you should try to get a
professional opinion.

Sure, RMS can be obsessive about this issue as well, but in contrast
to you he does not play silly games around the issue.  If you really
insist to be annoying, take a hint from him, and be straightforward
about it.  If you feel a need to smug around, chances are that the
matter is not important to you except for showing off.