kill-ring-save trouble

From: Lars Gustafsson
Subject: kill-ring-save trouble
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 20:36:58 +0100

Is there a way to stop Emacs from saving everything, which is beeing highlighted into the kill-ring. In many windows applications you can copy some text and then replace other text by first highlighting it and then paste over it. This works one time in Emacs but the second time you're trying to paste in the text, which you first copied, the text pasted in is the text which was highlighted the second time. I wanted the text highlighted the first time to be pasted in.
In summary:
First highlight, copy
Second highlight, paste
Third highlight, paste ERROR!

Is there something I can put in my .emacs file to avoid this problem?

Regards, Lars