Re: where is a function defined

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: where is a function defined
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 20:37:15 GMT

In article <yq0cvg1aue1e.fsf@blinky.bloomberg.com>,
Z. Huang <zghuang@bloomberg.net> wrote:
>"Alfred M. Szmidt" <ams@kemisten.nu> writes:
>
>>      load-path seems to be not I wanted. I have to go to each of the
>>    directories to find a symbol that I need. Is there any simpler way
>>    to find the definition of a function?
>>
>> Maybe I misunderstood the question, but what is wrong with using `C-h
>> C-f' (describe-function)?
>>

>    I need to find the lisp code for a function, not only the
>description. Thanks for the response anyway.

describe-function's output tells you which file contains the function
definition, e.g.:

do-auto-fill is a compiled Lisp function in `simple'.

This tells you to look in simple.el.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA
From: "Renee Helton" <info@espydergroup.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 15:58:02
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: CGI, PHP, FLASH, Programming, Design Help!!

Hello,

My name is Renee Helton and I came across your domain today. We are Freelance
Internet Programmers and Designers that specialize in searchable databases,
member log-ins, chat rooms, message boards, shopping carts, Flash, and other
dynamic web content. (bilingual)  Whether you require a Flash Design,
Programming, Eng/Spanish translation or a complete web site design, we are
happy to work with you!!

We offer any one of our services at reasonable and competitive rates.

We do not compromise quality and can assure you responsible, and dependable
work product.

Thank you for your time and PLEASE feel free to contact me for more information
and a portfolio of our work.

Renee Helton
http://www.espydergroup.com

This is a one-time message. Thank you.