window-list emulation for Emacs 20.X?

From: Klaus Berndl
Subject: window-list emulation for Emacs 20.X?
Date: 14 Jan 2003 08:20:17 +0100

The new function `window-list' of Emacs 21.X is very useful. Now i'm searching
for an elisp-emulation of this Emacs21-buildin-function which works for Emacs
20.x. I need this to preserve our package from going incompatible with Emacs

Does anybody know such an emulation?

It would be enough if the window list always starts from the left-most
top-most window of a frame and if minibuffer is not counted, so
(defun window-list (frame) ...) would be OK.

Many Thanks in advance,

Klaus Berndl                    mailto: address@hidden
sd&m AG
software design & management
Thomas-Dehler-Str. 27, 81737 M√ľnchen, Germany
Tel +49 89 63812-392, Fax -220