Re: accessing own info files

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: accessing own info files
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 12:11:38 +0100

   > Well, Debian was there first.  So actually, GNU should have used
   > another name.

   Ah, I didn't know that.  And yes, I agree.

The GNU version is far more wide spread than the Debian version, it
would be easier to fix Debian's version since people using Debian are
the only party that is affected by the version havoc (switches that
are non-existant in the Debian version of install-info for example,
but exist in the GNU version).

What is the reason why Debian needs to keep a less "complete" version
of install-info anyway (I don't care who was there first)?