Re: KDE and Emacs.

From: D . Goel
Subject: Re: KDE and Emacs.
Date: 16 Jan 2003 09:42:27 -0500

> I have been running Emacs some time
> in WMaker and PWM with black
> background and white text. When I today
> changed to KDE the text became black
> with a white boarder around, then
> there was the original black
> background.
> Don't know what I mean?
>
> Check this screenshot:
> http://skall.no/~termos/snapshot1.png
>
>  -- Ole Andre

from: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ColorsAndKde

 I am using KDE. I found my emacs was colored in a strange way no
 matter how I changed the background and foreground settings in my
 .Xdefaults. I tried all methods I could think of, including deleting
 my .emacs, changing the font, recustomizing my KDE environment
 through the KDE control center. But without luck.

For KDE 2.1.2, I found the option called 'Apply fonts and colors to
non-KDE apps'in '/Look and Feel/Style' in the control center. Disable
it. Then logout and log in. Everything becomes fine.

Contributors: YujieWu?, ColinWalters

HTH
DG                                 http://deego.gnufans.org/~deego/