Re: NTEmacs, German, ispell

From: Sören Vogel
Subject: Re: NTEmacs, German, ispell
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 21:32:20 +0100

I hope f'ups to more than one person is possible ...?

Eli wrote:

> Does it help to visit the file with "C-x RET c latin-1 RET C-x
> C-f" instead of the usual "C-x C-f"?

No, remains saying eight-bit-graphic and ispell does not work
properly in both cases: defining the coding system or loading from
within a defined one. Hm, maybe emacs in fact has _no_ problem
with my stuff but ispell does so? And how about the mystery that
ispell suggests exactly the same word "müssen" but does not (or
does -- that't not to observe) replace the "misspelled" but
remains saying: wrong. Perhaps I should try to set up the ultimate
options to work with a German keyboard on WinXP-text-files and try
all stuff again -- but what are the options to place into
".emacs"? Meaning: Does anyone successfully work with emacs on
German WinXP in conjunction with ispell and what did he/she set
up?

Thanks a lot, Sören.